Release: May 17, 2013
Editor: Carrie RO
Line Editor Lea Schizas
Cover Designer: Marion Sipe
Three years ago, Kate Sullivan was prepared to tell her best friend, Eric Wagner, that she had developed romantic feelings for him. But before she could, he abruptly ended their friendship. Now Eric has walked into Kate’s bakery and back into her life – but why? Will Kate finally get the chance to heat things up between them? Or will their relationship only ever be “cool to the touch”?
- “The bakery looks terrific,” Eric commented as he scanned the space.
- “Francis takes good care of this place, doesn’t she?”
- Kate blinked. “My grandma passed away five months ago.”
- Eric’s gaze shot to hers. “No.”
- “Yeah. She had a heart attack.”
- His face fell. “Kate, I’m so sorry. I hadn’t heard. Are you alright?”
- She forced a smile. “I’m hanging in there.” I need to redirect this conversation so I’m not bawling when Cecilia walks through the door. “What brings you to town?”
- “Actually, I need to order a cake.”
- “Oh? What’s the occasion?”
- Before Eric could answer, the bells on the front door jingled again. Kate looked and saw Cecilia, Loraine, and an older gentleman she immediately recognized entering the bakery. Walter Prescott, the renowned Manhattan businessman. Suddenly, it clicked. He’s Cecilia’s father…and the reason cost isn’t an issue for this wedding cake. “Good morning,” Kate greeted them. She realized her nerves had vanished at the sight of Eric and returned at the sight of Cecilia and her father.
- “Good morning,” they replied. While Walter and Loraine sat down at the table, Cecilia walked over to Eric. She wrapped her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.
- Kate frowned. What’s she doing?
- After they’d kissed, Kate shifted her gaze quizzically between them. “You know each other?”
- For the first time, Cecilia smiled at her. “Eric is my fiancé.”
- Surely you jest. Kate’s eyes darted to Eric for confirmation. As if reading her mind, he nodded.
- I must’ve entered an alternate universe.
"I really enjoyed this book. I love when the MCs have history and of course it had my must have.... HEA!" Goodreads
"This was such a cute book! I had my reservations before reading it (long story that involves another book), but it turned out to be better than I was hoping for. I love a good "friends to lovers" romance, especially one with a little "second chance" twist." Goodreads
"I enjoyed reading this today. I love how there story been created and the ending is so lovely." Goodreads
"This was a super cute quick read about second chances. The characters were well developed and relatable..".4 STAR Goodreads reader review...READ FULL REVIEW
"If your after a fun, flirty read, well this is the book for you. I accidentally devoured it in a couple of hours. Once I started it, I didn't want to put it down. It's a story of friends who were meant to be together, but the timing and themselves were in the way." Amazon reader review
"I had the pleasure of reading Lauren Boyd’s debut contemporary romance Baking Love and I have to say, I was quite impressed. The book did not read like a debut author’s work. It was extremely well written, had excellent pacing, and an engaging story line. Lauren did an excellent job of developing her characters. They had depth and I connected with them, especially Kate. I could feel her conflict as she dealt with her feelings for Eric. She was a strong character and kind of snarky, which I loved. Her internal dialogue was sometimes funny and I laughed out loud at her thoughts a few times." These Words Tell a Story review 5 Stars
Lauren Boyd writes romance that entertains and provides escape from daily life. And sometimes, you might just learn a thing or two.