Eyes with No Soul
Also available at:
Eyes with No Soul
by Sheri Chapman
Imprint/Theme: The Locked Door
Genre Young Adult Dark Fiction/Paranormal
Tags Psychic, murder, paranormal, stalking, precognition, teen, sophomore, , doppelganger, action, suspense
Release July 18, 2014
Editor Christine I. Speakman
Line Editor Greta Gunselman
Cover Designer Charlotte Volnek
Laurie is a high school student who has been blessed with a touch of precognition her entire life. When she bumps into a stranger at the mall, her psychic door is thrown wide open, unlocking it for eternity! The action triggers a bloody murder scene to explode in her mind, numbing her ability to think… Unfortunately for Laurie, he notices her peculiar reaction and begins stalking her…she’s his perfect victim. With no “proof” for the police, Laurie and her friends must try to survive. In a race of life and death, only one can win!
Blood. Blood spilled everywhere. On the walls, on the floor…I was sickened by the overpowering smell flooding my senses. I did not see a body, just the thickening black pools and splatters staining the entire living room…
- I bent forward to try to hide my reaction, a gag reflex. I took a steadying breath and turned to face my friends.
- Worry was etched in their faces, overcoming any playful antics; I could tell they were concerned because I was acting so out-of-character. Vaguely, I wondered if I was as pale as I felt.
- “Laurie, are you all right?” Kim asked.
- “No, not really,” I said with a gulp. “Okay, you know how I always tease you guys and tell you I’m psychic?”
- “You really get me going with that,” said Kim. “You always know what’s wrong with me without me even saying!”
- “Yes, well, uh, I’m just really good at reading body language. I know you guys,” I said. “But this is the first time that I’ve had a truly psychic episode…”
- I took a moment to let that sink in. Comprehension widened their eyes.
- “What happened?” Angela breathed. “What did you see?”
- I shuddered, and goose bumps puckered my skin. “Blood. That’s all I could see at first. It was so strong. It was all I could see...or smell.”
- Traces of doubt were reflected in Julie’s eyes, but I think the others believed me.
- I suddenly exclaimed, “That man is the devil. He killed someone, and he got away with it!”