Thank you for your interest in MuseItHOT Publishing.
September 1st to November 30th
As of 2016, our new submission opening date will be April 1st to June 30th.
Responses to assessments will follow after our submissions closing date. An automated response will indicate receipt of query.
We are currently closed to short stories 15k words and under.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF SUBMISSIONS EMAIL:
musesubs AT gmail DOT com
MuseItUp Publishing opened its door to writers March 2010. We follow the motto: Building the team to achieve the dream! which simply means gathering writers who understand that a 'family' of writers in a house can achieve a goal when they work together.
We welcome new and seasoned writers to send us their manuscripts. Simultaneous submissions will be accepted provided it is clearly stated in your cover letter that another publisher is considering your work. Our authors do not pay a fee to e-publish their books with us. We provide editing and cover art for all our books, and assign the ISBN to your work.
We’re interested in well-written fiction that pulls us in from the beginning, stories that surprise us at the end, characters we connect with, and scenes/settings we can visualize.
Only electronic submissions please.
We are open to the following genres, however, any submissions that are part of a series that do no stand alone and end with a cliff-hanger, we require at least the first two books in the series for consideration. All other series books that can stand alone, can be submitted:
- Romance - everything from: romantic comedy, contemporary romance, fantasy romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, western romance, sweet romance, sci-fi romance, time travel romance
- Paranormal - Fantasy - we love vampires, ghosts, witches, werewolves and shape shifters...and dragons
- Mystery - Suspense -Thriller - captivate us with the pacing of your novel. Hint: we love cozy mysteries
- Young Adult - we're big fans of the Potter & Twilight series but seeking a unique voice for this target group
- MuseItYoung – this division is for our tween crossover chapter books for 10 – 14 year olds - NO PICTURE BOOKS
- Horror & Dark Fiction - scare the living daylights out of us with your settings, dialogue, and characters - not with blood and gore and missing human parts. Use the power of your writer's voice to draw images that will leave readers sitting at the edge of their seats.
- Science Fiction - do you have a fantasy/romance/paranormal/etc. set in another planet? Fleshed out your otherly world? Then give us a shout.
- is actively seeking erotic romance, whether naughty but nice, naughty and sizzling, or naughty and sizzling HOT. We would like to see well-developed stories and characters we can easily connect with. We’ll acquire erotic romance in all subgenres: Contemporary, suspense, paranormal, fantasy, historical, f/f, m/m, ménage (with people please, no animals!!) We prefer novella lengths ranging from 15000 to 25000 words.
- The sexual relationship should enhance the storyline and character development, contributing to the forward motion of the plot.
MuseItHOT Publishing is seeking romance erotica for our Short ‘N Spicey lineup. Stories can be anywhere between 12000 – 20,000 words. Please send your full ms with a short synopsis as attachments to
musesubs AT gmail DOT com
with Short ‘N Spicey on the subject heading. Stories can be in any genre but must include a romantic theme. Can be F/M, F/F, M/M.
Please include in your submission which of the three heat levels your story falls under:
Naughty but Nice: some graphic language and scenes
Naughty with sizzle: might include some fantasy, spanking, toys, and f/f, m/m, with several love scenes
Sizzling HOT!: explicit love scenes and language, multiple partners, same sex relationships, toys…elements that are heavier than the above heat levels.
We are currently NOT seeking:
short story collections or anthologies, Poetry, nonfiction, or stories written by more than two authors.
HOW TO SUBMIT GUIDELINES
On the subject heading place Sub: title of your work. Within the body of your email include the following in your cover letter:
- your real name
- your pseudonym, if any
- email address along with your website link if any
- title of your work and if this is part of a series. If a series, please state process of completion of all books in the series.
- word count
- brief author bio
- cover letter introducing yourself, and your work
Please attach the following with your cover letter introduction, making sure your manuscript includes your name, pseudonym, title, snail mail address word count, genre, and email address on the left hand side of the opening page:
- your full manuscript in RTF or DOC (not docx),
- and a brief synopsis in RTF or DOC (chapter by chapter is not necessary)
- Name the file: TITLE_YourName - ex. SHIMMERING_JaneSmith
All our submissions are electronically based. We do not accept snail mail submissions. We're in tune with the times and also prefer to save you a few bucks. We will confirm receipt of manuscript as soon as we can.
THINGS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT:
- any work depicting forced rape (depends on several factors...email for more details)
- abuse of children or any sexual tone with minors under the age of eighteen
- partially or incomplete and unedited manuscripts
- anything that includes bodily fluid (solids included)
- NO PICTURE BOOKS
- Please use Times New Roman regular, font 12 pt
- No page numbers
- no headers or footers
- do not underline but use italics for inner thoughts - ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSCORES!
- all telepathic communication must contain quotation marks and italicized (quotation marks italicized too)
- send to musesubs AT gmail DOT com addressed to Acquisition Editors
Royalty and Contracts
Our books are published in digital format, and we pay a royalty of 50% of the download price from our bookstore, and 40% from third party vendors. Our contract is for three years.
Thank you for your interest in MuseItUp Publishing.